“SOCIAL MEDIA IS HERE. IT’S NOT GOING AWAY, NOT A PASSING FAD. BE WHERE YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE: IN SOCIAL MEDIA.”
– Lori Ruff,
(Consultant/Trainer/Adviser in the areas of Leadership and Communications, Social Media, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook at White Knight Management Consulting, Inc)
Why Social Media Marketing? You should ask. I would say- Why not? Social Media is an idea generator, trend mapper and strategic compass for all of your online business ventures.
- People are visual and social beings. We turn when there’s something glittery, at the periphery. We are conscious of pop culture and fashion. So social media posts can be used to drive targeted traffic and a well placed social media posts can make all the difference.
- Social media ads allow targeting and re-targeting. One of the reasons social media is important is because of the highly customizable nature of social media ads. Facebook ads for example, allow you to target users by things like location, education level, industry and the pages they’ve liked these people are far more likely to convert into solid leads and sales.
THE RIGHT SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STRATEGY CAN HELP YOU SLAY THE COMPETITION.
- Social Media Marketing will get you more sales. Did you know that 70% of business-to-consumer marketers have acquired customers through Facebook. 84% of CEO’s and VP’s say they use social media to help make purchasing decisions.
- Social Media Marketing doesn’t just keep your products in front of potential buyers, but it also gives you the opportunity to constantly give them incentives to buy.
- Customers you didn’t know existed will find (and buy from) you. In the process of marketing with Facebook, you’ll probably join a ton of groups related to your products, industry and customer base. By posting links in these groups, you’ll help influence customers to check out your site. Answering questions on Quora is another option. Post a link today and two weeks/ months/ years later you might see a sale from it.
Social media isn’t going anywhere, and businesses now realize that if they wish to reach their prospects and customers, their online presence in social media is a foundation of their overall marketing strategy.
“WE DON’T HAVE A CHOICE ON WHETHER WE DO SOCIAL MEDIA; THE QUESTION IS HOW WELL WE DO IT.” – Erik Qualman (author of Socialnomics)